The site www.starfamily.ro is the property of S.C Lorivas Solutions S.R.L.
We use our own and third-party cookies to analyze traffic, retain your preferences and optimize your experience on our site.
What are cookies?
Cookies ("cookies" or "http cookies") are small files sent by a web browser server that are downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile terminals when you visit a website.
Your computer and the mobile devices you browse the internet automatically recognize and accept these files through the browser you are using. Cookies contain only data, not code (executable instructions), are completely "passive", do not contain software, viruses or spyware and can not access the information on the user's hard drive.
Cookies allow a site to recognize, authenticate you when you access a particular page, secure a secure connection to a site, and improve your user experience by improving navigation convenience and adapting the content of a page to your domains of interest.
Cookies store information such as previous browsing preferences, language, location, completion of form fields, etc. They are also used in the preparation of aggregated anonymous statistics that facilitate the user's understanding of the site, allowing for the improvement of their structure and content, excluding in most cases the user's personal identification.
The purpose of using cookies
When you access our site we may place cookies for the following purposes:
- for authentication and identification on the site;
- use of the site (eg visited pages);
- visitor site analysis;
- evaluating how you use the site for improvements / updates;
- retaining your preferences when using the site;
- geo-targeting (geo-targeting);
- advertising on site pages (e.g., banner ads).
What is the lifetime of a cookie?
Cookies are managed by web servers. The life of a cookie may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are used only for one session ("session cookies") and will not be retained since the user left the website and other cookies are retained and reused each time the user returns that website ("permanent cookies").
However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through browser settings.
Does the cookies contain personal data?
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies used by the Site
- Session cookies - are temporarily stored until the user leaves the site;
- Persistent cookies - stored on the hard drive of the user's computer or other accessory (eg, phone, tablet, etc.);
- Performance cookies - those that retain the user's preferences, without having to set them up every time the site is used;
- Cookies for Visitor Analysis - a third party generates a cookie to monitor unique visitors and the frequency of visits to the site;
- Geo-targeting cookies - those that determine the geographic coordinates of users;
Cookies placed by third parties
Some sections or functionalities of the site may be provided through third parties (eg Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), such as:
- Registration / Authentication via Google and / or Facebook Accounts - so public information (name, email address) from the accounts of those websites is obtained. When the user chooses this method, a warning message is displayed by that service provider on the site, and the user is asked to accept or deny access to personal data (the pop-up window specifies to which personal data access is required)
- Collecting statistics and traffic analytics (Google Analytics, Adwords, etc.).
Cookie options. Delete cookies.
Most sites are set to accept cookies automatically. If you do not agree with storing cookies, the most used and modern internet browsers allow you:
- View cookies stored on the hard drive and delete them individually or totally.
- Fully block cookies or block them on certain websites.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
Whenever you want, you can delete the cookies stored on the device you are using by going to the "Settings or Options" section of the browser menu.
You should, however, be aware that the preferences set on the websites you visit will be lost if you delete cookies from your browser. Also, if you block cookies, many websites will not work properly or will not work at all.
If you are concerned about third-party cookies generated by advertisers, you can choose to delete them separately or simply install an AdBlocker plugin.